Concrete for the nuclear world
INGECID has been working for years on the design of different special concretes.
Significant improvements in shielding properties are the result of extensive R&D work.
IINGECID has developed and continues to develop different concretes that improve radiological properties, mainly for use in the nuclear world.
INGECID’s capabilities in this area include the following:
- Concrete design, including with special aggregates and additions
- Evaluation and improvement of the effect of temperature and different environmental conditions
- Evaluation and improvement of the physical, mechanical and chemical properties
- Laboratory attenuation tests
- Radiological calculations for shielding effect evaluation
- Assessment and evaluation of concrete developed for various purposes
Among the success cases in different projects, the following stand out:
- Mortars with enhanced shielding properties to optimize the storage capacity of drums
- Concrete with high hydrogen and boron content for improved neutron shielding
- Ionizing radiation shielding concrete
- Attenuation concretes with optimized mechanical and physical properties
- High-density, lower-cost concretes
- Development of control and maintenance plans for special concretes
- Evaluation and improvement of concretes used for radiological protection
You can find more information about the projects developed by the INGECID team by clicking here.