WIND TURBINE TOWER 2.5 MW
Development of a new 165 m hybrid tower concept for 2.5 MW onshore wind turbines
In this project, financed by SODERCAN through the call I+C=+C 2016, the design of a hybrid tower with a total hub height of 165 m for 2.5 MW wind turbines has been developed up to the generation of the documentation for certification, improving the existing solutions. The design of the construction and assembly process has also been carried out.
The geometry allows the use of a single climbing formwork for the concrete part, which, by adjusting it, simplifies the construction process, considerably reducing construction times.
The design has the following advantages:
- Better performance and structural capacity, being less sensitive to fatigue than metallic towers, since it is one of the most important structural deterioration processes in existing towers.
- System with greater durability and less maintenance, easily repairable.
- Greater resistance to fire and impacts.
- Economy, simplicity and reliability in the foundation. Being heavier than metallic solutions, less concrete is needed in the foundation, therefore, less reinforcement.
- Reduction of logistic costs, as this is a process in which there are no transport limitations.
Do you want to know about INGECID´s capacity for Structural Engineering, Project Management and/or R&D+i? Read more